Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61573 by Richard Mauser
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 am
Hello again Cognocenti,

I just got around to loading in my ver14 (yeah, I know, but I'm a Luddite at heart) on my newer Windows7 computer and realized that the navigation pad was only half there. WTF!
DataCAD14 image1.png
DataCAD14 image1.png (62.33 KiB) Viewed 8112 times

And then I 'got creative' and closed some tool bars, and can't get them back!
DataCAD14 image2.png
DataCAD14 image2.png (22.86 KiB) Viewed 8112 times

Apart from this being very disturbing, does anyone know how to fix this stuff so I can use the program??

Update: I did the 'View/Toolbars' drop down to get them back, but the truncated nav pad remains truncated (it doesn't work) and the program stopped responding. I'm thinking this is going to impact my productivity.

Update 2: I guess I found them / got it back. I had to take the views and put them on the bottom, instead of being a nifty pad. OR I have to float them out in the drawing area. But they are all back now. I think. I'm going to fantasize that this will all be moot when I upgrade to a bigger monitor....
DataCAD14 image3.png
DataCAD14 image3.png (40.93 KiB) Viewed 8107 times

--
Richard Mauser
#61581 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 am
You can re-check the list an they will come back. The reason that it was only partially there probably because the font on the menu was too big, or the button spacing can be reduced to make room. It is also sometimes possible to get a little more room by locking the toolbars - the little x's and the bars that you drag them with - are removed, making more space available.

If you are not already running the monitor at the maximum resolution i.e. the native resolution, then you need to change that first, and then adjust the DataCAD settings to get stuff where you want it. For all the other things like the icons on the desktop can be changed in the Windows Appearance menu. The monitor looks it best at the native resolution.

Setting up a new computer always requires a bit of adjusting.