Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61713 by Evan Shu
Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 pm
I just tried to update my DataCAD 15 (using the Help/Check for Update) to the newly posted v15.04.01. It seemed to go smoothly, but my About screen still says I am using v15.03.02 and I don't seem to have any of the latest features. Do I need to reboot or did I miss a step to enable the latest version?

Evan
#61714 by Mark Toce
Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:17 pm
Evan Shu wrote:I just tried to update my DataCAD 15 (using the Help/Check for Update) to the newly posted v15.04.01. It seemed to go smoothly, but my About screen still says I am using v15.03.02 and I don't seem to have any of the latest features. Do I need to reboot or did I miss a step to enable the latest version?

Evan

The automatic update process fails sometimes, due to security settings in Windows. If this happens, you'll need to manually download and install the update.

Go to www.datacad.com, click on "Product Updates," and then pick "DataCAD 15" from the list. Click the link to download the update installer, and then save the file to a folder on your computer. Double-click on the file to install the update.
#61715 by Evan Shu
Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 pm
Yup, that must have been the problem. Even when I downloaded directly and tried to run the updater, Windows 8 stopped the process and said "Windows has stopped an unknown app from running." I had to click More Info and pick "Run this unauthorized app anyway" to get it to go! After that, everything went just fine. Thanks for the quick response!