Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61727 by dmartens
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:31 pm
In my default drawing xref manager I have nesting set to off and gtv link set to on, yet every time I start a drawing the settings are the exact opposite. Frustrating. My ini file is set to allow nesting because sometimes I need nesting on but I want the drawing to start with nesting off and GTV link on. I must be missing something. Any ideas? Thank you

Dan
#62416 by dmartens
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm
1600+ views and no responses? Maybe DataCad would have some idea why this is happening? It is frustrating having to change it every time I start a new drawing. Thank you.

Dan
#62420 by dmartens
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:38 pm
Thanks Neil but you obviously didn't read my post. My default is saved with nesting off and GTV link on. When I start a new drawing as soon as I inset an Xref the settings change to the exact opposite. And what is even weirder, after updating my default drawing the way I want it (nesting OFF, GTV link ON) those settings only hold for the first new drawing I start. When I start a second new drawing the settings are changed before I even insert an xref. Very bazaar. I am running 15.03.02.02 PE. Thanks.

Dan
#62422 by dmartens
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:58 pm
How do you use 2 installations? It happens on my computer, default drawing is on my C: drive. Xref is from the server.
#62423 by Roger D
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:34 pm
missed your original post. But just tried it on my machine, and the default nested off, GTV on sticks from the default drawing when I open a new one.
How are you starting a new drawing and getting your layers set up?
I'm on the latest v16 though.
#62426 by dmartens
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:59 pm
It changes the setting once I inset an xref into the drawing.
I start a new drawing by file, new & have the use default drawing toggled on. My default has a few basic layers and any others I import from a master layer drawing.
But the xref setting switch happens before I do anything with layers.
I think I need to go thru my .ini to see if I have something set wrong.
Thanks Roger.
#62427 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:01 pm
If you have an office desktop machine and a laptop, or two people in one office. I am only guessing at a possible cause.

Is the new drawing getting created on the server, or on the local C: drive? Are you selecting the default file specifically when you create the new drawing? Is the Program Preferences/Misc option toggled on, and if so, what file is shown on the pulldown menu?

It might be a bug.
#62428 by Roger D
Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:09 pm
so it happens before you insert layers from the master layer drawing?
If it happens after, you might be importing the layer settings from the master layer drawing.

Here's my xref section of .ini as a comparision
[XREFs]
Allow Nesting=FALSE
Auto Convert=FALSE
Dynamic Snapping=TRUE
Nested Inherit Highlighting=FALSE
XRefs Auto-Refresh on Regen=True
#62437 by dmartens
Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 am
The new drawing is being created on the server. Prog/Pref/misc is on to use my default drawing.
Yes it happens before I import anything into the drawing.
Changed my allow nesting to FALSE in my .ini file but again as soon as I insert the xref the settings switch. All other settings are same as yours Roger. Very frustrating. Thanks for all the replies.

Dan