Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61813 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 pm
I am finding that a Fence that includes both end points of a line does *not* select the line. I tried it in Mirror first, and then in Move, and in both cases, the line is left behind, even though the Fence included both end points of the line inside the Fence. (I'm not able to use Crossing.)
#61820 by Mark Toce
Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I am finding that a Fence that includes both end points of a line does *not* select the line. I tried it in Mirror first, and then in Move, and in both cases, the line is left behind, even though the Fence included both end points of the line inside the Fence. (I'm not able to use Crossing.)

It worked when I tried it here, so please send in the drawing in which it happened. Let me know which line I should try to select, and where the fence was drawn.
#61823 by Paul Nida
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 am
Are you including the entire lines in the fence or just the end points. I don't think DCAD has ever selected a line if the entire line wasn't included in the fence or area unless you use crossing. And personally I prefer it that way because I use that as a way of excluding lines. If you can't use crossing, you can turn multiple on and select the lines separately.
#61835 by Dave
Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:13 pm
So would fence with crossing work?

Dave