Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61844 by Clayton Taylor
Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 pm
To all,

Thanks to all on the font sizing from DataCAD to SketchUP, all sorted.

Just one other query, in DataCAD I mostly use a font set called “ARCWY2TX” & “ARCWY2HC” and other variants, however in SketchUP, this font appears very thin & difficult to read on the single line strokes when printed. Of course in DataCAD this is no problem as one can alter a colour for line thickness. I don’t think you can alter font printing line weights in SU, so does anyone have a solution to this... :?:

I’d use another font, but I was trying to match a SketchUP drawing to a DataCAD drawing for the same client to look the same. I’m now thinking to forget the SU-LAYOUT plan & import all into DataCAD. Perhaps there’s a Tru-Type font identical to these I could download from somewhere.. :?:

Over & out,
Clayton.
#61847 by Clayton Taylor
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:02 am
wvar wrote:Try the Mr Hand2.ttf font.

Thanks to all on this,.... :)

After searching the Internet, the best match to the DataCAD fonts, ARCWY2HC/ARCWY2TX, for printing & visual quality in SKETCHUP were "GRAPHITE STANDARD" & MR HAND. In the end MR HAND came out tops as the GRAPHITE font was still a little thin on the vertical strokes, even though in my opinion is the better looking font. I think the bolder font version of the GRAPHITE font may yet provide thicker vert. strokes.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#61854 by Clayton Taylor
Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 am
wvar wrote:Clayton. How are you getting text from Datacad into SU?

I'm not, just loading them as normal True-Type fonts in my list of available fonts, as wanted to use the same font, that's all. (ARCWY2TX” & “ARCWY2HC)
I'm doing a new drawing in SKETCHUP to complement a set of plans for a project done in DataCAD, hence wanted to make the SU plans look a close match as possible including my standard drawing sheets.

It's a petty we can't alter the ARCWY2TX” & “ARCWY2HC line strokes or weight of these fonts in SU. Even the heavy chisel font prints too thin for text below 3mm tall at 1:50 metric scale. This text was perhaps never designed for True-Type fonts, but as DataCAD's SHX vector type fonts. However the SHX font's become available for other WINDOWS programs as True-Type. One of my DTP software programs you can add a line thickness/outline to text, then the line strokes act as a line weight, however SU does not, to my knowledge have this facility... :(

Over & out,
Clayton.