Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61858 by jimgoodman
Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Is there a way to change the order of paper sizes in the DataCAD Printer/Plotter Settings menu?

For some reason, one of our computers has ARCH E1 in a different position in the list than all of our other stations.

The order of the sheets in DataCAD is also different than the order of sheets in the Windows Control Panel settings for the same printer.

One solution for this would be to have the paper size read by name and not by the order that it appears in the settings menu.
#61859 by joshhuggins
Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm
Pretty sure it's determined by the printer driver. Check and see if the computer in question has a different printer driver installed. Windows Update has bit us with this before with our DesignJet 5500 driver. Check/Set both the General Tabs Preferences, and the Advanced Tab's Printing Default, one of these is probably set different and what your seeing in Datacad I'd guess.
#61860 by MtnArch
Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 pm
I can confirm what Josh said - this is controlled in the Windoze printer driver configuration. My problem was that my desktop unit and my laptop weren't exactly the same - there were a few extra paper sizes on one that weren't on the other. Once I had gone into the printer driver configuration and verified what needed to be and what needed to be dumped I haven't had a problem.
#61863 by jimgoodman
Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 am
That was my understanding as well but the order in the Windows driver is different than the one that shows up in the DataCAD Printer/Plotter Settings menu on the machine in question.

We use the Adobe PDF printer, that uses "Adobe PDF Converter" as the driver. This is installed as part of Acrobat Pro. I have even tried removing and re-installing the printer.
#61865 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am
This is probably a little far-fetched, but are all machines running the same OS? Could the drivers be different versions (one is on an earlier or later version)?