Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61922 by miller811
Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm
The last version that I used was version 8. On version 8, I used to just write plot files and take them and have them plotted and the blueprinted. Recently had to do house plans and they are requesting a PDF output. I have Windows 7 and have downloaded multiple PDF programs but not getting the results desired. Looking for detailed help on how to print to 24 x 36 in a PDF format for off site printing. The drawings were done in 1/4" scale I thought,but when I zoom extents it has a different scale and they are not printing to that scale. I used 1/4" in the print/plot setup, what am I missing and how do I correct it?
#61952 by Nick Pyner
Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 pm
miller811 wrote: but when I zoom extents it has a different scale and they are not printing to that scale.

It sounds rather like bad practice followed by bad management, and then Adobe gets blamed for it. Most of this may be fixable by ensuring that what you are sending out is what you want in the end product, no zooming to extents. The "they" are likely to be printing to fit to page - you tell them what to print, you tell them the size of paper, they act as instructed, and the scale is your problem.

I submit that Acrobat's actual size facility is as accurate as any professional would expect. I don't think there is anything wrong with DataCad's plot preview either. You can test for both in combination by printing off a sample patch yourself.