Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62086 by Evan Shu
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 am
Does it still work to create a keyboard shortcut for commands in the DCADWIN.MNU file?

For example, I tried to create a CTRL+Z key for the Zoom to Last Extents menu command via
Zoom to Extents|Ctrl+Z|Zoom to last known extents of drawing
in DCADWIN.MNU (line 69), but after closing and reopening DataCAD, it displays in the menu but doesn't work as a shortcut.

Am I missing a step or doing it wrong? (I tried other letters in case Z was reserved with no luck. This is in DataCAD 15.)

Thanks,

Evan
#62088 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 pm
Make sure Ctrl+Z is not set for Undo towards the top of the file, or something else for that matter. Or check to see if the line exists twice.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#62089 by Mark Toce
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm
The issue is that [Ctrl]+[z] is already assigned to "Undo." You'll need to search the file for existing shortcuts that use the letters you want to use, to make sure that they aren't already in use. If they are, you must remove any other shortcuts before assigning your custom one.
#62090 by Roger D
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm
Are there a few that windows controls? Ctrl-O and/or Ctrl-N that we can not override?
#62091 by Evan Shu
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm
Yup, that did it. The letters I had tried were all used previously in that file. When I used Q (after having searched to make sure it wasn't used earlier, it worked just fine.)

I just wanted to make sure I could do it before I bragged on it working for Cheap Tricks this month. Mucho thanks for the quick responses.

Evan
#62092 by Roger D
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm
You can also do
Ctrl-Alt-A
Ctrl-Shift-A
Ctrl-Shift-Alt-A
ALt-A
Shift-A
Alt-Shift
also can use the numbers
see pp 603-604 of the ref manual.
Last edited by Roger D on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.