Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62471 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am
Hello,

When I add a dimension prefix (after toggling off the dim text) and I use Control-Enter (instead of clicking Okay) on the text dialog, the Apply button on the Dimension Properties dialog remains gray. It only works if I click the Okay on the prefix text dialog with the mouse.

There are two things that would make using dimension prefixes and/or suffixes easier:

At the point when you are about to place the dimension text, it would be great to have 3 options; enter a prefix, toggle the dim number off, enter a suffix. This way, you can do everything right as you create the dim.

When you edit the dimension properties, the Change button for the prefix and the suffix should already be visible and grayed out, so that you can toggle it on by clicking the Change, enter what you want, and then only have to click Apply once at the end of the process.
#62528 by Roger D
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am
Did, when you lock the scale, go down and see if stacked fractions was an option? I thought it was, but you had to make the selection there.
#62635 by Roger D
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 am
I think that's a bug that's been reported before, if not, I can duplicate it.
#62942 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 pm
If I do a horizontal dim, and then pick String Line and do that, the next horizontal dim (after finishing the string line) is missing the 1st extension line.

Edit: I'm not sure what is going on with this. I just tried this again, and it is fine. But I know that I got the 1st extension line at the beginning, and then it "went away" without me doing anything.
#63053 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 am
Sure: I double click on a dim to get the properties dialog, and I click to toggle Prefix On, click Apply, then click Change, then type in FV: (Field Verify). If I use Control-Enter, it closes the dialog, and then I click Apply, and the prefix doesn't show up.

If I click on Okay to close the Prefix dialog, then it works correctly.
#64854 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am
This is by design as subsequent stringline dimensions share a common witness line with the previous dimension. This was done primarily so that pen plotters wouldn't double-draw that witness line. I can certainly change it if folks feel it's needed.

Dave
#64859 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 am