Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62560 by joeferguson
Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 pm
Hi folks,

Still using DC 12.08 -- it's adequate for the work I do.

I have been doing more work in metric lately (specifically millimeters) and when dimensioning in tight spaces, I would like to drop the suffix "mm" in my dimensions.

For eample, instead of the dimension reading "1254 mm", I would like it to display "1254".

Anybody know how to do that?

joe
#62561 by Roger D
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm
settings/scales turn off show units.
if in v12 there is the lock scale setting, you can do that for individual dimensions.
#62570 by REX PEET
Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 am
...or you could go to Settings, Scale Typ, AS 1100. This will get rid of the units and place a space after every three digits eg. 37 465. The dimensions are millimetres
#66325 by joeferguson
Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 pm
Roger D wrote:settings/scales turn off show units.
if in v12 there is the lock scale setting, you can do that for individual dimensions.

Well, I moved up to v17 -- had to upgrade cause my new computer wouldn't support v12.

Not overly impressed with the improvement vis a vis the cost, however that's another story.

Anyway, is there a lock scale setting in v17 and how do I find it? The reference manual doesn't respond to a "lock scale" search.

Thanks,
joe
#66326 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 pm
- When creating a dimension, Lock Scale is at position F8.
- You can use Change, Dimensions, Lock Scale for multiple existing dims,
- Or you can also set it for single existing dimensions via the AssocDim Properties dialog by double clicking on a dimension (if you have Double Click enabled for Entity Property Editor, which I recommend highly) and use the Scale Type drop down.

As for the upgrade disappointment, I would bet there is several features you are not currently using. Coming from v12 is sure to have several gems that would pay for the upgrades over time in time savings if utilized. I would recommend starting another post maybe and give a quick break down of your drawing methods like base file setup, how you handle things like screens for framing plans, do you use Multi scale plotting? Use Symbols? Use Symbol Attributes? Some things will take time to setup up front, but pay off once implemented. Ask about features you think you might use but maybe don't quite understand. If you would like, you could email me a file to josh(AT)joshhuggins(DOT)com and I could give you some ideas of where I would start. Promise not to scrape off your plans ;)
#66327 by Roger D
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:54 pm
joeferguson wrote:Well, I moved up to v17 -- had to upgrade cause my new computer wouldn't support v12.

Anyway, is there a lock scale setting in v17 and how do I find it? The reference manual doesn't respond to a "lock scale" search.

Thanks,
joe

I'd go to the What's New page, and follow them back for each version to give you a better understanding of the new features. I'd do the same with the Rev History File.
#66328 by MtnArch
Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 pm
I'd agree with Josh - there are some really nice gems that Dave, Mark, Clay, Devinder, etc. have added since V12 that (once used) will give you that little extra hitch in your V17 step! And knowing Mark and Dave, they have some more really sweet goodies lined up for us in the next beta releases! Some that have been hinted at have been on a few hit lists for a while!