Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62837 by nickrom
Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:40 am
Hi Dave, I downloaded the the hardlock file that you sent me but I still get the same error message that it's looking for hlvdd.dll. Have anything to help me with that? Thanks, Cy
#62838 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:28 pm
I haven't run Win8 at all (Win7 is fine, thank you very much) but make sure you did NOT install V12 into the Program Files directory - install it into it's own directory (ie. DataCAD 12).
#62840 by nickrom
Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:34 pm
Hi Alan, I did load the program in the c drive, not program files. Do you think if I unload the program and reload after downloading the hardlock file that dcad sent me, it may do it for me? Thanks, Cy
#62841 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:07 pm
Dave could answer this better than I, but I'm guessing it won't make any difference. My assumption is that for some reason the folder where the driver is located isn't being found, or it's not where it's supposed to be.
#62853 by nickrom
Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:38 am
Thanks Mark, I moved the file to sysWOW64 and now it states unknown hardlock driver rather than looking for hlvdd.dll, so I guess were making strides. Any thoughts to where I should try to go now? Cy
#62874 by ORWoody
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:15 pm
This is just a guess so consider it no better than that.
When you right click on hlvdd.dll in the WOW64 folder, it will probably state that it is for an unknown program and there is a browse button with Change or something to that effect. You might point it toward DataCAD. I would think this might be directly related to our need to keep DataCAD out of the programs folder and Windows refusing to believe that any program would dare operate outside its control.
Good luck.
Woody