Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62887 by Allan Kent
Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 am
I have a problem which occurred after the last update to Datacad 15. When I try to convert lines to poly lines they disappear from the screen. I can make them re-appear by selecting change to a different line type but this is not always convenient as I have to guess where the polyline is. This has never been a problem before as selecting "change lines to poly lines has always worked without the lines disappearing. It also used to change the lines to the present color and line type which made it easy to spot if all of the required lines had been added to the polyline. Any help would be much appreciated.
#62893 by Nick Pyner
Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm
OK, I have tried it for the first time ever and it works. The line disappears for a second and then comes back as the cursor colour. This is V16 but I am referring to an old macro so, if it works in 16 it should work in 15.

It could be some installation stuff-up, or perhaps something strange with the linetype settings, but I have to ask why you would want to do this in the first place?
#62902 by Allan Kent
Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 am
Thank you both for your replies.

Nick - In version 15 it just disappears, it does not come back. I use this facility when I have drawn things with 2d lines that I would eventually like to colour or render. I appreciate that I could draw them as polylines from the outset but editing non polylines is easier.

Neil - I use the curves/polylines/edit method or the short cut that appears on the toolbar. I do not think that I have a converter in my macros.

Allan
#62921 by dmartens
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:09 pm
Allan,
I tried this in the same version and hitting the U key brought it back on my screen.
#62927 by Allan Kent
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:53 am
Dear Dan,
Many thanks, that works just fine.
Still a bit of a mystery as to why it disappears in the first place (as it has never done so in the past) but at least you have made my life a bit easier.
Best wishes - Allan