Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62920 by deliriousga
Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 pm
I have a file that I went into and changed some of the xClips and turned some layers on/off in some of the xRefs. I saved the file and when I flipped through the GoToViews everything was fine. Once I batch plotted it, all of the settings on the xClips and xRefs went back to the way they were before. This keeps happening on different files and I've never had trouble before so I really need to figure out if there's a new setting somewhere that is causing this problem because I keep having to do everything over and over.

Thanks for the help.
#62922 by Mark Toce
Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm
What version is installed? Select "About DataCAD" from the "Help" menu to get the exact version number.

Do you have "GTV Link" toggled on for each XREF in the Reference File Manager?

After making changes to XClips and XREF layers, did you remember to click "Update" in the GoTo View menu to update the view with the new XREF parameters?
#62929 by deliriousga
Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 am
I have version: 15.04.02.01 (PE).

GTV Link is toggled off for all of the xrefs in the reference manager.

I just reset everything and re-saved all of the GoToViews, but it still changed everything back once I did a batch plot.

It happens on both of my computers. One is running Windows 7 and the other is running Windows 8.1.

Thanks.
Last edited by deliriousga on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#62934 by Mark Toce
Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm
If I understand correctly, you'll want to turn GTV Link on for each XREF. This enables DataCAD to save the layer and XClip information from the XREFs with the GoTo Views in the host drawing.
#63280 by deliriousga
Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 am
The problem still keeps happening. I've made all of the mentioned changes, but I have to do it over and over and over.

The attached shows where the xclips are. On the top row, I just fixed the two left xclips, but it keeps automatically moving them down when I print or batch plot to look like the one on the right. On the middle row, all of the xclips should begin at the red line above them, but they keep moving down as well. They are all 2nd level nested xrefs where the plan is referenced into the building setup then the building is referenced into this file.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (138.57 KiB) Viewed 10506 times
#63312 by Mark Toce
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 am
I can't think of anything else to try. Send in the drawing and XREFs and I'll take a look at it here. Please make sure to include a description of how the references are structured.