Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64587 by dennisnorton
Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:36 am
The ko layer - when I make a symbol, I should have the outline as the last layer? Or are you saying that the symbols with the ko settings are the last layer? Please explain - I am a little confused...
#64588 by Roger D
Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:21 am
For Symbols, my first layer is labled KO and that is where I put the Polyline with the knockout turned on. Then the symbol will show properly.
#64593 by Roger D
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm
ko's only knockout items that are drawn before them.
So within a symbol, having the KO layer first, it will not knockout any of the symbol, but only items on the layer that are drawn before the symbol is placed, and layers that are in the list before the layer it is placed on.
#64594 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 pm
If you add the following key to the [KnockOuts] section (you may have to create the section) of the INI file:

Draw First In Symbols=TRUE

Knockouts in a Symbol will always be drawn first (no matter which layer they reside on) within the local draw routine for Symbols. Be aware, there is no compatibility for this if translating to Autocad and therefor Compatibility Mode must also be toggled off in the KnockOuts... menu of the View pull-down.

Regards,
Dave