Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62999 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:51 am
Hello,

This is an age old hatch issue - sometimes when the origin is exactly on an intersection, one of the lines in the hatch pattern "drops out". Here is an interesting case where this happened on one hatched area - but not another, that was identical *except* for the lines at the origin being 180 degrees away. Here's a screen capture of this - the problem origin is right next to the yellow large cursor, on the corner of the walls in the Men's Room, while the origin on the equivalent corner in the Women's Room works as it should:

HatchOriginIssue-01.png
HatchOriginIssue-01.png (109.26 KiB) Viewed 15611 times

As you can see, the horizontal line in the 18x12 tile hatch pattern is dropped out.
#63002 by MtnArch
Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:43 pm
Just curious - if you change the orientation of the Men's room hatch by 180deg does it make any difference?
#63076 by dennisnorton
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:12 pm
I , also, have had this issue for years. Especially when I cut out for 2x4 lights in a 2x2 ceiling grid.

I just work around this by stretching the cutout 1/32" or so. This can occur throughout the entire grid area, so sometimes in larger rooms, it takes awhile to get the entire grid to display correctly. I never tried changing the angle - interesting concept. I'll see if it works.
#63078 by Roger D
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm
my work now has the light fixture symbol having the outlne that is a polyline, knockout on, 1st thing in the layer.
No more cutting voids in ceilings.
#64473 by Roger D
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm
I thought it was resolved also, so I've changed my methods.
My 2x4 (and other) light fixture symbols have the outline as a polyline with knockout on, border on. I don't have to make anymore voids on the ceiling plan.
#64577 by Roger D
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:24 pm
Roger D wrote:I thought it was resolved also, so I've changed my methods.
My 2x4 (and other) light fixture symbols have the outline as a polyline with knockout on, border on. I don't have to make anymore voids on the ceiling plan.

Also works well with windows/doors over a hatch elevation. No more adding voids or adding a false line temporarly for contour search.
Also, making a guardrail with polylines, voids on. It will void out the windows and hatch behind it.
#64583 by dennisnorton
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:35 pm
Roger, I did what you suggested and it seemed to work great... until I plotted. Thought the screen view knocked out behind the symbols, it had no effect on the plotted product. I have tried changing a variety of settings, but they didn't seem to help.

I'm sure there is a toggle somewhere that I forgot about.
#64584 by dennisnorton
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:39 pm
I re-read Roger's description earlier and noticed that the ploy outline is the first thing in the layer...

How do you make something the first thing in a layer?
#64585 by joshhuggins
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:55 pm
Use the Move, To Front, tool.
#64586 by Roger D
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 am
you need to also make sure the knockout layer is after the layer where the items to be ko'd are on.
Not sure if WYSIWYG toggle in the plotter menu affects it, mine is always on.