Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63156 by sam_bar
Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 am
I converted a DWG file to Dcad14 file.
On the sceen all the XREFs are seen, but they are missing in the XREF File Managemant.

After saving and loading the DCAD14 file, these XREFs are not seen again on the screen.

How do I bind these Xrefs to the drawing?
#63160 by joshhuggins
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:26 pm
If you identify on the xrefs that are showing after the import, do they identify as xrefs? And what is their path?

While saving are you saving to a different folder? Datacad will look for missing xrefs in the same folder as the main drawing, so if you import from one location and then save to another you need to either save the xrefed files into the same location or redefine the path to the xrefs locations.
#63171 by sam_bar
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:44 am
The Xrff entities are just seen on the screen immediately after the translation from ACAD, and it looks that they were never added to the database.
After reloading the Database by pressing the " u '' key , they disappear from the screen.
These XREFS are not recognized or seen at any time by/in the Xref Maqnager even before and after making any sort of saving in the same original pathes.
#63173 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am
Depending on which version of Acad the file is coming from, the xref MAY be what they call a "proxy" object which is an Acad specific entity - and even some of the best Acad clones can't see them either (and none of them, that I'm aware of, can modify them).

I've recently worked with an Acad file for a retail center that at a certain point it simply disappears - no matter WHAT I do - when I edit it in my Acad clone of choice. I'm not sure what Acad (or a 3rd-party Acad add-on) has done to the file but it's VERY frustrating.

The best thing would be to ask whoever you received the file from to either export it to DXF or have them explode EVERYTHING so that all entities will export.