Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63269 by Mark Bell
Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:34 pm
Quote from MM:
Going on 30...

Unread postby Mark F. Madura » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:29 am
Dear DataCAD Forum Members:

I remember when I was first introduced to DataCAD more than 25 years ago. I was working with an architect at a design-build firm and the owner's son decided it was time to adopt computer-aided design. So one day a pile of boxes arrive containing a desktop computer, monitor, pen plotter, and DataCAD 3.6. All told, it was probably around $15,000 worth of hardware and software.

So I took the set of binders home to read about how to use DataCAD, then found out I needed to know as much about computers as I did about the actual software. Does this look familiar?

C:\MTEC>rundcad.........

MTEC -and rundcad now that brings back memories! DOS screens (I still used them :D ), configuring a Ramdrive, and running a 386 with 20mb hard disk and a turbo button! I could never figure out why you'd want to run it in slow mode when you had a turbo button to take the box into warp speed.....