Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4952 by Heinrich
Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:06 am
Most of the drawings we get from engineers or surveyors come in as .dwg’s. For the most part there isn’t too much adjustment that has to be made for me to use it. However, Text seems to be the biggest problem. Most of the time I get , notice how it all clumped up together.
Up to this point I’ve been moving or just re-typing the text, but as you can imagine this can get very time consuming (especially on engineers' drawings) and we all know time is money. This particular shot was taken from a r13 .dwg, but I’ve had this problem from .dwg’s from all versions of ACAD, even when the import text window pops up and I pick the correct font to use. Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Redd
#4955 by Nick Pyner
Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:04 am
One dirty method is to print ACad to PODF from VoloView Express. This may be converted to DXF with GhostGum. The result isn't text but it looks like it, and just the same as in ACad. I have used this when the text translates into narrow columns when imported.
#4964 by Paul Nida
Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:00 pm
I usually use the Reflow function in the Scrive macro to get the text the way I want it. If the text is just overlapping vertically, I use the scale text feature of Dcsprint macro to resize all of the text in a drawing at one time without changing their insertion points.