Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63444 by joeferguson
Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:04 pm
Need help!

I have used DC 12.08 successfully on this computer for over a year (Windows Vista).

DataCAD developed a "hitch" recently (in the last month) where, when I invoked the Cleanup command or the Hatch command, I encountered a delay of about 5 seconds.

I decided that reinstalling DC might correct this hitch, so after saving my DataCAD directory in a safe place, I uninstalled DataCAD.

Now, I have reinstalled DC (about six times!) and run the update to DC 12.08.04 and the program seems to work fine (the hitch is gone). I can open any file and work it, but after several keystrokes (between 3 and 20), my file disappears and I go back to the opening DC screen. Sometimes I get an error message: DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 10 Error from: 809. Sometimes no error message, just the opening DC screen.

I have reinstalled DC 12 a half dozen times since new and not experienced issues before. However this is the first time I have been unsuccessful on a reinstall.

Now I am on deadline with no software! Anybody else experienced this issue?

joe
#63445 by MtnArch
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:09 pm
As a temporary measure you could download V16 as a trial and install it. Other than that, it would behoove you to upgrade to V16 - there are SO many productivity upgrades that have been added since V12 that it's WELL worth the upgrade price!

Good luck!
#63469 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:16 pm
It is quite possible that a Windows update has changed something, and this is tripping things up? Where is DataCAD getting installed? Have you run a program like CCleaner after uninstalling to clean up the Registry? All those installations and removals leave behind a lot of stuff in the Registry, and one of those may well be flummoxing things up.