Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63577 by foiled
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:05 pm
I've read pretty much every post I can find on this and have not yet found a solution.

I'm trying to install version 11 on a Windows 7 64 bit PC and all that happens when I initiate the install is the install circle spins for a few seconds then just stops and does absolutely nothing.

I had this problem last year but managed to find a solution and get it installed, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I bought a new hard drive so I'm back at square one.

So far I've tried:
Run a windows compatibility troubleshoot trying older versions of Windows
Changed the default install folder from x86 to a DataCAD folder I created on the C drive
Transferring the install files from the disc to a folder on my desktop and a thumb drive to install from those locations

Any help I can get would be great. Thanks.
#63578 by MtnArch
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:21 pm
Probably not what you're looking for, but upgrading to V16 will cure this! You can upgrade for only $495 (see here)!
#63580 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:44 am
Was your previous windows 7 install 32 bit? If so, that installer may be 16bit and won't work on 64 bit windows. Oldest version I still have around to test with is v12 and I know v12 has a newer installer than v11 did.
#63581 by REX PEET
Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:38 am
I've got Datacad 1 and it will not work with Windoze 4 million. Why not I ask? Coz I am too miserable to update to to Datacad 2!!! Get real folks. Wake up to Datacad 16 .....it is really, really, good.......and cheap!!!!!
#66624 by len1
Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:The Installer build is so old that Windows 7 probably doesn't 'like' it. You could try rebooting in Safe Mode and run the installer in that environment (or upgrade to DataCAD 16 :wink: ).

INSTALLING IN SAFE MODE WORKED -- SORT OF BUT NOW I GET THE HARDLOCK ERROR. I DOWNLOADED THE LATEST hldrv32 FROM THE WEB SITE BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?