Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63614 by dtsutton
Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:11 am
Not sure why this is happening but this morning when I use clipit, it's moving everything out of place and shrinking it.

Basically it's cutting the spot out that I want but then changing the size of things and moving them around.

Any ideas ? It was working fine when I saved lastnight.

The first image is before, second obviously is after

Thanks !
Attachments
Before.PNG
This is before clipit
Before.PNG (18.96 KiB) Viewed 10633 times
After.PNG
This is after.
After.PNG (28.96 KiB) Viewed 10633 times
#63617 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:56 am
I really haven't used Clipit in a long time and I'm not really sure why. Seems like we used to use it all the time. Maybe when we got the clipboard feature. Anywho. I tried a few clips using different methods in the menu and didn't see anything unusual. Could your Clipit settings be set to CutCrop with LyrSrch off and just those few items are moving when the box selection is made or something similar? What menu settings are set when you are doing the Clipit?
#63618 by dtsutton
Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 pm
Josh,

Nothing strange is set in the menu. It's not set to on crop and later search is on.

I use clipit endlessly. Not to copy, but to cut out areas where I have text on top of lines etc. Basically I use it alot.

I did two more screen shots of it. My gut says the drawing is somehow corrupted. No idea why but something is really wrong.

Dave
Attachments
Clipit Settings.PNG
These are my menu settings
Clipit Settings.PNG (47.51 KiB) Viewed 10620 times
clipit 2.PNG
It's just blowing things apart
clipit 2.PNG (73.86 KiB) Viewed 10620 times
#63620 by Roger D
Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm
not sure what's happening for you, but a side comment, one of the newer features in Dcad is knockout's, you can set text to knock or not show the lines behind the text. Save's time on clipping lines while keeping the detail line work intact so you can use it for sections and details.
#63621 by dtsutton
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 pm
Well....I started a new drawing and pasted in the basics from the old one. Seems fine now !! Phew.
#63622 by MtnArch
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm
Once you use KnockOut (in the newer versions) you'll be praising Dave G. up and down! Just another reason to upgrade!!
#63623 by dtsutton
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm
Roger D wrote:not sure what's happening for you, but a side comment, one of the newer features in Dcad is knockout's, you can set text to knock or not show the lines behind the text. Save's time on clipping lines while keeping the detail line work intact so you can use it for sections and details.

Thanks Roger.

I guess upgrading is something I should consider soon.
#63624 by Roger D
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 pm
dtsutton wrote:I guess upgrading is something I should consider soon.

You might go to
http://www.datacad.com/products/Whats_New_16.html

to see what's new in 16, then at the top hit the left arrow to go back through all the released versions, might see what else would help your productivity.

http://www.datacad.com/products/Whats_New_15.html
http://www.datacad.com/products/Whats_New_14.html
#63631 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm
Hmmm I don't remember it being too buggy. An occasional drawing crash now and then if clipping something fancy, but that happened on other edits too. I know we used up into the windows versions but then again, I have a bad memory leak in my limbic lobe so maybe it is time to leave it behind.