Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63744 by lark
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 pm
I really shouldn't have loaded Win7 until this little project was done. I about a week behind now. I do have XP Mode running on win7 - and it's cool - an OS withing and OS and you can work in both at the same time.

Dcad X loaded fine but couldn't find the hardlock that was downloaded in win 7. Opened IE in XP Mode, downloaded the HL driver without a problem.

The problem is that dcad still won't recognize the HL! It's all running in XP Mode and worked great a couple of weeks ago in win XP.

Any help, asap, would be greatly appreciated.

Lloyd Knowles
#63745 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 pm
XP mode has a few differences that running in Windows Virtual PC, but on Virtual PC, you have to use the blue bar at the top of the window to attach USB devices to the VM. Might check along those lines. On my own crunch deadline now, so sorry if this is a little vague, going off memory. Good luck.
#63747 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:44 am
I think your going to be out of luck with a parallel port hardlock. XP mode doesn't support them. I don't think VMware supports them either anymore. I'd look into finding a VM platform that would fully support a parallel port as probably your last resort.