Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63800 by Beth
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm
I've been working in V. 12 for a number of years now and never had a problem connecting to our network printers, until a few days ago. I've confirmed the printer/plotter I'm sending to is on. I'm able to print to them in any other program except Datacad. I've both removed the hardlock then reinstalled it, and moved it to another USB port. Still nothing.

Additionally, when I click on the Datacad icon to open the program, the hourglass flips a couple of times then disappears without the program opening. Each time I exit out of my Datacad program I have to reboot my computer to get back into it. (Both soft as well as full reboot works.) Not the case w/ any other program I'm running, only DCAD.

Maybe related? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
#63810 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 am
Hi Beth,

What version of Windows are you running? It seems possible that a Windows update changed things, or otherwise affected the printer driver(s) or the network driver. It could be a lot of different things, but what I would try is to run CCleaner's Registry tool and see if there is update for the printer driver.