Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#63970 by GuyS
Wed May 07, 2014 9:41 am
I'm trying to import an excel file I use to create Door Schedules, etc. The column widths seem to be predetermined when I import them into my DataCAD drawing even though I change their cell widths in Excel to accommodate the text.

Is there a work around for this? It would be such a powerful and useful feature to be able to import Excel generated Door, Finish etc. schedules and have them appear/fit into my finished drawing page.
#63973 by seasdes
Wed May 07, 2014 6:42 pm
The only reliable way that I have been able to do this is to take a high quality screen clip using Faststone Screen Capture and import the bitmap into DataCAD.
#63975 by Paul Nida
Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm
The import function for Excel files doesn't work properly and never has. There is no way to maintain the format of the Excel file in DCAD. There are two ways to bring the file into DCAD so that they are useful. One is to bring in a bitmap file similar to what is described above and the other is to copy the text to the clipboard in Excel and then paste it into DCAD as text. Then you can manipulate it the same as any other text in DCAD. You may have to spend a little time cleaning it up but this is the method I prefer to use.
#65171 by hlewis
Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 am
Every time I use the cut and past method, the text comes in mirrored top to bottom. How did you get past that?
#65182 by Roger D
Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:06 am
Make sure in Rotate and Mirror that "Fix Text" is on.