Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64080 by mcreynolds4
Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 pm
I print on 11x17. When I hit that size it prints fine. When I go to select Borderless tabloid it enlarges it a bit and the scale is off, even though the percentage to print is set to 100%. This didn't always used to happen. What gives?
#64082 by MtnArch
Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm
Printer driver updated lately? Windows updated?
#64094 by Ted B
Tue May 20, 2014 7:07 pm
You need to check that BOTH the Datacad "print"-command preferences is at 100%-factor...and that your selected printer's "print preferences" is set for 100% too.

If you are using a .PDF-virtual printer to make .pdf-files, make sure the "printer-preferences" are set to 100%. Sometimes they'll default to "fit"...especially if you have the "automatic paper-size and rotate" selected. The same applies if you are later printing-out at 11x17" the .pdf-file.

I've been printing construction documents at 11x17" for nearly 20-years as the "original record documents", and for small projects it's definitely the way to go. You just have to ration your drawing-page information-density appropriately and balance the type-size and line-weights for clarity and legibility. You may need more sheets than using 24x36" or larger sheets, but the repro-costs and the the ability to easily print-out and distribute as .pdf-files. outweighs the drawbacks of the small-format. You may also need to widen the actual page-margins slightly to compensate for typical 11x17" printer's mechanical limitations at the sheet-margins, but that's minor.

Depending on if ink-jet or laser, most are not capable of true "marginless" printing, they need a 1/4" to 1/2" mechanical-border when the print. You just have to allow for that when you set-up your page in Datacad. The target-boundaries at Datacad's "print - quick layout" compensates for your selected printer's mechanical limits....while a virtual printer-selected creating a .PDF-file will have target-boundaries the nominal page-size.

Most businesses or contractors have at-least one 11x17" printer somewhere in the office, and even at the local Staples or Kinko's it much cheaper overall than engineering repro.