Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64189 by DDA184
Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:38 pm
Can DataCad 11 be installed on a Windows Surface Pro. If so, how is it done?
#64190 by Paul Nida
Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:07 pm
I don't know why you couldn't, I have both 15 and 16 on my tablet. If you are trying to install from a disk you'll have to have a disk drive attached to it. You'll also have to deal with the dongle, I hope you have a USB dongle otherwise you may have an insurmountable problem. With 15 and 16 there is no dongle so no problem. As to how, you install it the same way you install it on any other computer.
#64191 by DDA184
Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:24 pm
This is my first tablet so I'm at a loss. So I will need to get an external drive to install the software? Sorry I don't mean to sound technology challanged.
#64192 by MtnArch
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:16 pm
As long as you can connect to your network (assuming you have a network) you should be able to map a drive to your desktop/laptop where the installation files/disk is. Otherwise, yes, you'll need an external drive of some type to install off of.
#64195 by Paul Nida
Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:53 am
Both Alan's and Neil's solutions should work without a problem. The other solution is to buy a USB external DVD reader/writer. It is not necessary but they are not terribly expensive and they can come in handy. I have a portable Bluray writer myself which I have used with machines other than my tablet.