Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64377 by Alan Mason
Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:19 am
Good day,
I need to copy my personal information from a Title Block that has been stored as a symbol to my drawing page into a newly created Title Block and am having difficulty in doing so as the symbol appears as a solid item.
Can someone please assist me?
Thank you.
#64378 by MtnArch
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:50 am
I haven't tried this, but try editing the symbol, Ctrl-E, select the info you are trying to copy, Ctrl-C, exit the symbol (with or without saving), then try Ctrl-V pasting the entities into the new titleblock.
#64379 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 am
Alan M.,

I can't remember if X3 (or prior) has the Symbol Editor included? If it does, then as Alan H. says, you can Copy and Paste from the SE to your new drawing.

If it does not have the SE, (or even if it does) you have to explode the symbol, which is in the 3D Edit menu. Then you can Copy and Paste it.
#64381 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:58 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:I can't remember if X3 (or prior) has the Symbol Editor included? ...

DataCAD X3 does include the Symbol Editor (as does v12).

Dave