Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64393 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 am
I drew a symbol for a custom light fixture that has dozens of hanging acrylic rods, so I used a polyline set to the Dotted linetype. They show correctly on the screen (after hitting 'U') but they plot as a solid line. Additionally, I have a ParaText "TYPICAL" next to some key note symbols and the way I was trying to fit everything required that I toggle on Knockout on the text.

I am using a self-reference of this RCP and I am adding the notes and keynotes "over" the self-reference.

Again, it show the knockout correctly on the screen, but on the plot preview, the polyline that should be dotted but is showing solid - also is obscuring the text. How do I get this to work correctly?
#64401 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:36 am
Can you post some screen shots of what your seeing along with a shot of your pen table? Are you using a Pen Style other than solid?
#64404 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 pm
For the text knockout, are you using compatibility mode? It looks like you are since it seems to be knocking out part of the square but not the other entities. Are you using Pen Sort? If you are using Pen Sort, does the pen color for the text entity (not the fill/border colors) come after the pen color for the xrefed entities? If not using Pen Sort, Are you using WYSIWYG?

For the polyline, have you tried to lighten the pen (or weight if using) to see if that helps? It's hard to see that pattern in the screen shot but it looks like it's just a weight issue and that the dots are just bleeding together?
#66922 by Keith Glass
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 am
Hi,

I am relatively new to knockouts and am just now experiencing the same problem.

Has there been a fix for this?

I have red door numbers that are supposed to knockout the cyan threshold lines below. It appears correctly on screen but in the plot preview (and subsequent plotted sheet) it does not plot. Red is assigned to pen 4 and Cyan is assigned to pen 5. When I switch them, the problem is corrected - the knockout appears correctly on the plot preview. Clearly this has to do with pen order (as for with screened pen values needing to be one of the first pens in order to not over-write and cover-up coinciding full-density lines), but it is unreasonable for us to re-map our drawing colors and pen-assignments to try and accommodate a dynamic problem. I am hoping there is an easy fix for this. Thanks!

- Keith