Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5046 by dmooney
Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:22 am
Here's the situation:

Site drawing (A) xrefed into Plan drawing (B)

(B) xrefed into finishes drawing (C) and Xclipped

(B) is clipped but the (A) xref in (B) is not

The work around is to separately xref (A) into (C) and xclip it, this is pain as I have several drawings.

The procedure above used to work correctly and now it doesn't. Is there a forth coming fix?
#5047 by jlmcougar
Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:27 am
I have the same problem and I had to somewhat start from the beginning. I had a bit different situation. Drawings (A) had 3 xrefs visible. Drawing (A) was xrefed into drawing (B) and I lost 2 of the 3 Xrefs. They showed up in the layer mgr. and in the Xref layer as having 1 entity but no drawing was there. I started at the beginning, of course not the very beginning and reloaded the drawings. It all worked the second time. I do think there is a glitch in the program. This is not the first time. Let us know what you may find out. Like you I use many XREFs.
#5063 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:07 pm
dmooney wrote:...(B) is clipped but the (A) xref in (B) is not

Hello David and Jamie,

Which is your release numbers ?

I've tested both sequences and here it is working fine in Release Candidate 10 for 11.08.00 which I guess will be available in just some days.

If you are working with a previous release, please wait for the official release and check it out.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5075 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:14 am
Hi.

I have found an X-Ref glitch that may also already be fixed for the next release, but if it isn't, it goes like this...

I have floor plan (A).

I have enlarged plan (B), with floor plan (A) X-Reffed in and x-clipped (for the enlarged restrooms).

Since there is plenty of room on the floor plan (A) sheet, that is where I want to put the enlarged plan (B), so I X-Ref the enlarged plan (B) back into floor plan (A).

The problem... The plan information (walls/etc.) won't go round trip. When I bring enlarged plan (B) back into floor plan (A), the x-clipped walls/etc. from the original floor plan don't show up ... only the additional information that was added to the enlarged plan (B) file (notes/etc.) does. I did also check that it wasn't bad "z" info causing the problem ... nope.

My current work-around is to do an additional circular X-Ref of the same clipped floor plan information, with the enlarged plan (B) notes/etc. info X-Reffed in and put on top of the circular floor plan X-Ref.
#5076 by artmanvt2000
Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:30 am
Steve,
I have also noticed the same problem. The only way I found to fix this is to copy the xref (Drawing A), that is used in Drawing B, into Drawing C and redefine the clip to match the clip of Drawing B xref clip cube. To help do this I create a layer called ClipCube where I draw squares, so if I need to replicate or adjust multiple clip cubes I have an object to snap to. I hope you find this helpful.
#5079 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:49 am
artmanvt2000 wrote:To help do this I create a layer called ClipCube where I draw squares, so if I need to replicate or adjust multiple clip cubes I have an object to snap to. I hope you find this helpful.

Hmm. Can't believe I didn't think of that myself. That IS helpful!

Thanks!