Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64538 by wolverine
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:12 pm
I have a drawing I created another copy of this afternoon. Renamed and proceeded to work on the drawing doing manual file saves periodically.
This one has me puzzled as the drawing crashed and I have not located any backup files of any type (.arf, .arb). Searched with show hidden file types, etc. The only copy of it is .aec file that was made at the time I did the save as. As a result, I have lost 3 hours of work and if there is something I am not seeing here I will miss my deadline and have to work on this file in the morning.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I had about 7 drawing files open at the time. I am using version 13 which has been rock solid.
#64540 by Dave
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:09 pm
Have you checked the path to the backups as listed in preferences exists.

Dave
#64546 by Dave
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:00 am
C:DataCAD X3 Session Backups

I take it has a few \ in there e.g. c:\DataCAD X3\Session Backups

Dave
#64550 by wolverine
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:16 am
Dave wrote:C:DataCAD X3 Session Backups

I take it has a few \ in there e.g. c:\DataCAD X3\Session Backups

Dave

Nope, just pathed to session backup folder - Session Backups\

As a side note, I do have a .log for the file that was created when it crashed. I am almost certain it has to do with some text fonts.