Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64622 by AnaPotter
Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm
Hello!

I've been trying to create a new line type style without much success. I've been going about it in two different ways.
The first is creating the line type graphically, using the CREATE function on the sidebar menu. This option doesn't allow me to set the original Y axis value at 1', so when I need it to be a precise vertical measurement, the dimension matches the line spacing value (the same way it works on the NewPlywood line type, for example).
The second has been by following the steps explained by the tutorial on the DataCAD website. After typing in the parameters into the DCADWIN.LIN file (saving and restarting DataCAD, before you ask), the Line Type doesn't show on the Manager's list. I even tried to paste the Picket Fence line type provided in the tutorial, to see if it was my typed in values that weren't computing to the same effect, a no show on the line list.

I'm lost in the wilderness here, if somebody could give me hand it would be much appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!
#64646 by ORWoody
Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:20 pm
I've created quite a few and once I nailed down how the spacing worked, have had no problem creating them.
If you want, let me know what you are trying to create and I will give it a shot. An .aec drawing file with it would really be helpful.
Your comment on the Y value where I think that your problem may be.
From what I have seen, the Y value will be related to your spacing exactly so having a different setting for each one is not possible. Perhaps, that is not what you meant.
Contact me direct at orwoody@gmail.com and we can work this out. Then, once resolved, you can explain what you wanted and what we did to the unwashed masses here on the forum.
Woody