Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64673 by cadesigner
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 am
Hello,
I'm sure this question has come up before, just can't find the answer.
My DataCad 16 Trial Version is hesitating when my Cursor passes over the 'X' Refs, ?
What setting should I adjust so there is No Pause in the Software ?
Driving Me Crazy ,,,
Thanks in advance for your help,
#64674 by Mark Toce
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 am
[Ctrl]+[right-click] on the XREF in the drawing area, select "XREF Tools," and then un-check "Dynamic Snapping." This should speed up cursor movement over the XREF. The delay occurs as DataCAD searches for available snapping points over the XREF.
#64675 by cadesigner
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 am
Thanks Mr. Toce,
Although the Menu you mentioned by doing the Cntrl / Right Click did not have your option. It did have a 'S' Clip Disable button. I've only tried it a few minutes but seems to be much better,
#64676 by Mark Toce
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 am
Disabling S-Clips means that symbols will no longer use clipping boundaries. It is unrelated to the issue you're reporting.

Make sure that you position your cursor on top of a line in the XREF. Press and hold the [Ctrl] key on the keyboard, and while holding it down, right-click on top of a line in the XREF. You will see the attached context menu.

dynamic snapping.jpg
dynamic snapping.jpg (31.9 KiB) Viewed 8277 times
#64677 by cadesigner
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 am
Got It,
Man, that was absolutely driving me Bonkers ! Wow, been putting up with that for a couple of days.
So glad I asked. Makes me want to thank the Lord !
#64732 by ROBERT PENN
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:24 am
This used to drive me nuts too.

I found in the Reference Manager box that you could turn dynamic snapping off globally by highlighting all the xrefs in the drawing and then hitting the "OFF" button under Dyn Snap.

All sweet now!