Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64814 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:31 pm
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a list of the symbols within a drawing, and list the number of entities within the symbols? Or how I can hunt down some large symbols? Our commercial base file is really getting sluggish and I think it might be some symbols since it takes so long during the save process to save all the symbols to the file when closing and saving.
#64819 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a list of the symbols within a drawing, and list the number of entities within the symbols? Or how I can hunt down some large symbols? Our commercial base file is really getting sluggish and I think it might be some symbols since it takes so long during the save process to save all the symbols to the file when closing and saving.

How are your DCAL skills?

Dave
#64824 by Roger D
Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 am
If you go to Info (S7), and check the Symbol box only, you'll get a list of the symbols.
With the Symbol Browser open, click on the right box at the top, and select reports. Pick the DcadQty report, Select All, and Layer Search All, will show a list of all symbols and how many there are in your drawing.
#64844 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:How are your DCAL skills?
LOL, yeah I know right? I got a copy of my DCAL Programmers Reference Manual collecting dust back here and I think I have a copy of DCAL for Delphi Raw Technical Notes I got from inside a box of Fruit Loops. I blame Common Core Math.

Roger D wrote:If you go to Info (S7), and check the Symbol box only, you'll get a list of the symbols.
With the Symbol Browser open, click on the right box at the top, and select reports. Pick the DcadQty report, Select All, and Layer Search All, will show a list of all symbols and how many there are in your drawing.
Thanks Roger, that was one of the first places I first looked hoping the entity count was in option in the forms, but I didn't see one. Oh wait, I am looking for the count of the entities from within each symbol, sorry. Running on empty today. Thanks guys.