Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64847 by mijenix
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 am
The firm I work for is still using DataCAD 12, but we are going to upgrade to DataCAD 17 when it is released. I have a question before upgrading.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of an embedded line type?

We have some old .AEC files that have been converted to DataCAD12 and they open fine, but there is a line type (A-Insul) that someone renamed many years ago and it has managed to become embedded into quite a few drawings. The problem occurs when you try and change a line to Insul it causes the drawings to crash. I would like to open up the line type manager and just delete the (A-Insul) line type, but the current line type manager will not allow you to do that. I have even tried out the trial version of DataCAD 16, but the line type manager is the same. Will we have more control over the line types in DataCAD 17?

Thanks,
#64848 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 am
The Line Type Manager in v16 will allow you to Purge all of the currently unused linetypes that have been loaded.
purge.JPG
purge.JPG (41.49 KiB) Viewed 5272 times

Dave
#64849 by mijenix
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:02 am
The line type that I need to get rid of is used some place in the drawing, but I can't locate it. The Purge button is not active I was hoping to just delete it. Any chance of a fix?
#64850 by mijenix
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:07 am
I found a way to get rid of it. I used a mask to delete it entirely from the drawing and then I was able to purge it with the line type manager.

Thanks