Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64867 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 am
Need a quick answer for a meeting in an hour. I have a detailed 3d model and I'd like to show it in longitudinal and lateral section without actually cutting up the model. I know that I've accidentally used the o2c modeller in some way that the viewing plan has cut into the model, but I don't know how that happens. I'd like to cut a vertical line down the center in one view and crosswise in another view and be able to view each separately in the o2c viewer and rotate/zoom that part as easily as if it was a full model so I can show arrangement of high/low space inside the building.

I thought I could simply do an Xref that shows half the building and stick it somewhere, but when I go to the viewer, the whole model shows. Is there a way? If not, I'll cut up a copy of the model for section views. In the interest of speed, answer directly to dwight@brennfoerderarchitects.com or call 417-437-6334, thanks.
#64868 by jimgoodman
Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:15 am
There isn't a way, that I have found, to do what you are trying to do. I am afraid that you will need to cut the model up using a temporary file(s).

What you could do is have the four parts of the model as separate files and then xref them together to get the whole model

I sent this directly to Dwight via email as well.
#64869 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 am
Thanks James, I copy/pasted the model to a second file twice, then cut away lat/long sections. Workaround.
#64870 by jimgoodman
Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 am
The Section tool works for 2d work, but I suppose we should add a 3d section tool to the Wishlist.
Dave should be able to have this prototyped and ready for testing by lunch time :wink: