Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#64915 by DVodzak
Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 pm
Does anyone know how to revise the pen numbers for the Color Numbers? I am working in DataCAD 12. I am able to revise the pen numbers for the colors with names, but not for the colors with numbers, i.e. Color 213.

Daniel
#64917 by DVodzak
Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:09 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hi Daniel,

You should be able to edit all 255 colors in the Pen Table dialog box, by sliding the list down; eitehr with the elevator or with the down arrow.

Neil: When I try to edit the pen numbers for the Color Numbers, say 213, I am able to type a new number in the edit box at the bottom of the pen table window, however the number does not change in the color menu. I am operating 12LT. Is the LT version limited to editing the Colors with names only?
#64920 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 pm
There are 256 colors, but only 17 pens. Each color on the left side of the Pen Table is mapped to one of the 17 pens values on the right. Pen 0 is non-printing, and Pen 16 Prints in the color of the linetype, but you can not adjust the width/density of them. A long standing wish is that we could have a single list of values for 256 pens and that each pen would be able to be defined a color or visa versa with colors having widths/density.