Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65107 by GARY247
Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:08 pm
I recently had a drawing that had xref on it that was loaded onto and then brought in from a flashdrive as I finished the drawing at home. The drawing was copied back to the server where the path for the xrefences were at work. When I opened the drawing none of the x-references were showing. They showed up in the reference manager but not the drawing and reloading them did not work. I finally just had to delete them from the reference manager and insert them all over. Does anyone have any ideas why the xref would not show even after reloading them?
#65108 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:25 pm
Unless your flashdrive is pathed to the same drive letter and with the same directory structure as on the server, you will need to REPATH the xref(s) from the orphaned xref manager when you open from the server. I find it's easier to path the flashdrive with the same letter if you're doing something like this.
#65111 by Roger D
Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm
I think using Pak-n-Go for the file would help also, it creates the correct paths back and forth.