Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65844 by damian
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:26 am
Hello everyone; I own DataCAD 16 and works with two monitors. Today broke the second monitor, and while I'm waiting to buy a new one, it happens that no longer appears the Layer Manager and also when I use ctrl right to interrogate any entity, no longer show the properties menu of the object; it is as if they were in the broken screen disappeared!
My operating system is Windows XP and I have already proceeded to set the screen as a single screen. Can anyone help me while I'm waiting to buy a new monitor?
#65845 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:18 am
Yes, try this:

Mark Toce wrote:
REX PEET wrote:I have started to use the Persistant Layer Manager on my PC with two monitors. Everything works well. However, the Layer Manager does not appear when using my laptop. I have tried the Ctr + Shift trick but still nothing. Any suggestions please?

Close all drawing files and then exit DataCAD. Open "Computer" and then go to the C:\DataCAD 17\Support Files\ folder. Double-click on "dcadwindialogs.gui" to open the file using Notepad. locate and delete the following section (your values will be different):

[LyrMgr]
Maximized=0
Left=1610
Top=204
Width=664
Height=530
Buttons Left=1
Text Buttons=1

Save changes, exit the file, and then restart DataCAD. The Layer Manager will now open in the default position, at the center of your primary monitor.

#65848 by damian
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 pm
Thanks Neil, you have been very kind; problem solved.