Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66041 by sjohnoz
Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 pm
Hi All

I have recently reinstalled 14 using Win7 after years on XP.
I have noticed when drawing a line there is a rapid flashing or blinking of the line from the start and finish of the action.
Is there a setting solution to this as it tends to be annoying although not affecting the outcome of the drawn line.

Regards
Steve J.
Sydney
#66042 by MtnArch
Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 am
Sounds like a video driver issue - have you checked to see if you have the most updated driver for your video card?
#66045 by sjohnoz
Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:55 am
Hi Alan
Current video card drivers are up to date. Still drawing "shimmering" lines!
Drawing with XP was a delight!

Regards
Steve J
Sydney
#66046 by Dave
Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 am
Grid snapping not on by any chance
#66053 by sjohnoz
Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:30 pm
Hi Neil

Running Win7 on new Toshiba Satelite Pro 16GB Ram 64-bit with Intel(R) Graphics 4400.
The screen resolution is set at 1366 x 768 (recommended) and the screen refresh rate @ 59Hz.
Are these settings correct for maximum performance?

Regards
Steve J.
Sydney
#66054 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 pm
See if setting your refresh rate at 60Hz helps.
#66058 by sjohnoz
Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:57 am
Hi All
Upped the refresh rate to 60Hz. Doesn't appear to make that much difference. Having second thoughts about upgrading to 17 and possibly having the same issue. Was there any enhancements or updates for 14 that I should be aware of?
Thanks for ongoing suggestions.
Regards
Steve J.
#66077 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:55 pm
Should always make sure you have the latest update for any version. v14's last update was 14.03.02. I highly doubt it is Datacad that is having the issue or we would have some sort of memory of this happening across many other users systems. Upgrading to v17 would most likely have the same issue as nothing has changed as far as display is concerned. What model number is your laptop? We'll get this thing figure out ;)

Neil Blanchard wrote:Yes, the 59Hz refresh rate seems a bit odd. 60Hz is the standard for most LCD screens. Definitely leave the resolution at the recommended setting.
59Hz is common for broadcast television (actually is 59.94Hz). Many manufactures of systems (especially laptops) will set the default of a display to 59 incase a user might playback media encoded in a way that might be influenced by that rate or output to a TV that very likely will be displaying at 59.94.
#66078 by MtnArch
Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:41 pm
I agree with Josh - we'll get it figured out one way or the other!

Could this be a display list issue (he asks those much smarter then he)?
#66096 by sjohnoz
Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:11 am
Have tried all suggestions with no difference. However, could the following be relevant:-
When I deactivated my licence from my old computer running XP, I reactivated on to my new laptop running Win7 64-bit.
When I open Windows compatibility mode for DataCad14 it shows the setting as Win XP (service pack 2). Could this be the problem, and why would it not show the settings applied as Win7?
Anyone, any ideas? Have completely got my "knickers in a knot" over all this!
Regards
Steve J.