Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66110 by dawnking
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am
If I save or create a symbol in one drawing, then open another drawing that I would like to use that symbol in, I can't find it. So then I open the original drawing so I can save it again and there it is in my symbols file.
So what button do I need to push to make it so I can use that symbol in any drawing file I want?
thank you
Dawn
#66207 by bradenaia
Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 am
Sounds like an issue in the template file. Have you tried opening that specific template file using notepad in windows and then making sure there are no spaces between the new template and the others in the list?
#66214 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:11 am
If you are working with templates you might want to look at using the Symbol Browser instead - it takes away all of the absolute path issues that templates (can) have and you can save the folders to your favorites.
#66279 by dawnking
Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:19 pm
I am not working with templates, I am using the symbols browser. I have always used the symbols browser and did not have this problem when I was using datacad 11. I go to my browser tool side bar and scroll down to save symbol. then I have all these folder I have created and save it to the right folder. then select item I want to save and that's it. so when I open another drawing that I want to use it in it is not there. But then I open the drawing that originally saved it in and then there it is.