Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66203 by cgarchitect
Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:41 pm
Does anyone know what the best way to decrease a file size? The purge in 14 brings my file down a bit but I was wondering if I can get it reduced any more.
I am working with someone elses file and its about 19 megs. He uses version 12 and I use version 14. He doesnt use reference files - just views. Hence the large file size.

Thanks
PJ :)
#66558 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:42 pm
DataCAD 11 and later versions automatically purge some unused data when you close and save your file. In the file purge dialog you can select additional unused items to purge such as Layers, Symbols, Line Types, Hatch Patterns, Materials, and Smart Entity Definitions. To bring the file size down further, you'll need to break it up into separate files or manually delete anything in the drawing you don't need.

In DCADWIN.INI, make sure that Compressed Drawing Files=TRUE in the [General] section.