Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66258 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 am
I upgraded my draftman's desktop and he loaded DataCAD at least once, but today is getting a code failure 5013, like it's not getting his password or serial number correctly. I know it's time to upgrade, but can I get around this problem right now?
#66260 by MtnArch
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 am
I had another piece of software (don't remember which one) that asked me to change the password for it, and when I did it also changed the password for my installation of DataCAD. You might want to see if you installed/upgraded another program that may have done it to DC as well.
#66262 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:49 pm
Hello Dwight:

If you upgraded any of the hardware, the license server now likely sees this as a different computer. If you didn't de-activate that DataCAD license prior to the upgrade, the license server is now seeing this as a new computer trying to use the same license. The existing activation needs to be de-activated and then re-activated for the new hardware configuration.

There is a way for you to deactivate DataCAD licenses yourself. You can login to the License Portal, using your DataCAD license ID and password. Through the License Portal, you can view your customer information, license activations, and even deactivate licenses.

Here is the URL of the License Portal. Please give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions:

https://secure.softwarekey.com/solo/customers/Default.aspx?

Regards,
Dave
#68892 by Bergmans
Fri May 13, 2016 5:29 am
Hi,

I not deactivate license because PC crushing on win 10 update from win 7.
Know I have new PC and how can I activate DataCAD 15 (also win7)?

"Activation failed. Code 5013"

Any solutions? Please help.

P.S. given link not send to my mail any information and seems not work correctly

With best regards,