Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#390 by Draw4Food
Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:31 pm
On the web site it states

All of your drawings from DataCAD LT are fully compatible with DataCAD.

Is it also the case that drawings created in DataCAD 11 will be fully viewable in DataCAD LT 11?
#391 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:19 pm
DataCAD LT 11 is fully compatible with (i.e. can read) DataCAD 11 drawings with one exception, files larger than 15MB. Note: DataCAD LT 11 drawing files are not compressed. However, DataCAD 11 drawing files are. So a file that is 15MB when saved from DataCAD LT might only be 1.5MB when saved from DataCAD 11. Also keep in mind that the largest DC5 file that DataCAD LT can read is somewhere between 5 and 7.5MB.

MFM
#452 by deliriousga
Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:13 pm
Another couple of things to think about with 11 LT. First and most important to me is there's no polyline editing in the LT version. You have to copy a polyline editing macro from a previous version and it's not as functional as the new editing in the 11 full version. Also, you can't save as .pdf from 11 LT, something we do often to create marketing plans and watercolor renderings for clients.

One really important thing is if you get 11 LT and someone is sending you files from 11, make sure you have both updated with the latest version (11.05.02 right now). Some freaky things happen if one is not updated. Those things don't actually mess up a file, but it will scare the heck out of you the first time it happens.

Overall, we use the full version on all stations because it's much more feature rich. I have one 11 LT version on our server so our out of state employee can remotely open a file on the server and plot it, but that's all we use 11 LT for in the office.
#461 by Daniel Kaczor
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:17 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Are you sure about the lack of polylines? Have you looked in Curves/S6 Polyline/S1 Edit ?

There is no polyline edit in my LT11, have to use the old polyline macro.
#3878 by mikebanti
Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:15 pm
Does LT read xrefs the same way that 11 does? Thanks.
#3880 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:26 pm
Hello Mike,

LT 11 can read normally drawings with X-Ref files.
What LT 11 can't do is to edit or manage X-Ref files.

Also for printing multiple-scale sheets. LT does read and prints normally, but do not accepts you to change them.

Thanks,
Miguel
#3882 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:37 pm
Hey Mike welcome! I think you and I had a class at Fresno City together, in some of Ken Zamora's Arch series? Would have been around '98-'00 somewhere in there. Is that you? If it is you, I'll be nosey and ask how long have you been over at Dyson's? If not forget my nostalgic ramblings.

p.s. - others sorry for the OT in the main forum :mrgreen: