Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5276 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:46 pm
Help.

I am receiving files from an outside consultant and the Plot preview keeps poping up in the wrong place!!!.

I have a dual monitor setup, and with MY files, the preview pops up OVER the Dcad window -WHICH IS WHAT I WANT.

The files that I receive from the consulatant however pops up on my 2nd monitor :( .

I am used to working in a certain manner with the plot preview window in a certain location, and this REALLY screws with my work flow process as I have to mouse all the way to the other side of other monitor to cloes the preview window and it is really uncomfortable to me - it sort of breaks my work flow and slows me down.

I've tried draging the preview window back over to the DCAD side of the screen, but it keeps going back to the other MONITOR. PLEASE HELP. I can't find ANYWHERE HOW to control the PLOT preview window location, and this is bugging the HECK out of me.

Thanks,

Aaron
#5359 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:24 am
Neil's the Guy for dual monitors. I wouldn't dare to suggest anything after him.

I supposed that the "DcadwinDialogs.gui" file, in our '\Support files' would have precisely this commitment.

Hope to know how to deal with this behavior.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5360 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:26 am
Hi Neil.

Thanks for your reply. Got involved in other things and haven't had a chance to come back to the issue.

To answer your question, Yes I did try maximizing the window on the screen which I want the Plot preview to appear on, however that didn't work.

Oddly enough, through the course of the day, the plot preview did get switched back to where I wanted it. I have NO idea how :(

I'm waiting on the next drawing from the consultant, then I will see if it is doing the same thing.

In the meantime, if anyone has any Ideas as to what controls the plot preview window location, I would certainly be interested...
:)
Aaron
#5363 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:40 am
Sorry Aaron,

My mistake. The control dialog is only available to DC 11, not for previous versions.

Thanks,
Miguel
#5454 by Nick Pyner
Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:13 pm
Aaron Ben-Avraham wrote:Help.
I am used to working in a certain manner with the plot preview window in a certain location, and this REALLY screws with my work flow process as I have to mouse all the way to the other side of other monitor to cloes the preview window and it is really uncomfortable to me - it sort of breaks my work flow and slows me down.

I've tried draging the preview window back over to the DCAD side of the screen, but it keeps going back to the other MONITOR. PLEASE HELP. I can't find ANYWHERE HOW to control the PLOT preview window location, and this is bugging the HECK out of me.

HEY, LOOK AT THAT!!!!

I have never seen the preview on the left hand screen. It never dawned on me that I could put it there. Now (duh!) I can have it there simply by hitting restore, dragging it over and maximising again. Just what I've ALWAYS WANTED. Now I can see the drawing and the preview simultaneously. I hope it stays there for ever. And you reckon it's a bad idea????

Just wait till the guys at tonight's users' group meeting hear about this. Geez, this is a truly wunnerful forum....... :lol:
#5455 by Nick Pyner
Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:13 pm
Hummm

For other reasons, I have V10 running on the laptop. I see Miguel is right. This little answer to the maiden's prayer is indeed new to V11. I guess it was mentioned in the whatsnew and I missed it, again.

Yet another good little reason to upgrade.

Soooo. If you have it in V10, I don't know how, or how to fix it. One flick of the wrist gets the cursor from the middle of one monitor to the middle of the other, so I suggest you live with it and eventually be thankful...
#5456 by Nick Pyner
Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:19 pm
Hummm

For other reasons, I have V10 running on the laptop. I see Miguel is right. This little answer to the maiden's prayer is indeed new to V11. I was one of the leading gripers about V9 and V10 with dual screen operations but I don't think I complained about this. I guess it was mentioned in the V11 what'snew and I missed it, again.

Yet another good little reason to upgrade.

Soooo. If you have it in V10, I don't know how, or how to fix it. One flick of the wrist gets the cursor from the middle of one monitor to the middle of the other, so I suggest you live with it and eventually be thankful...

'Onya, Dave... The quiet little gifts of the Giesselman keep coming....