Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67089 by dmartens
Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:29 pm
Can we not create a 3D curve with different Z elevs on the 2 end points? I am trying to create a stringer for a spiral stair. 3D stairs won't do it. Has anyone done this in Datacad before that can give me some well needed advice? Thanks.

Dan
#67091 by Paul Nida
Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm
To model this I would probably use the Sweep tool in the 3d Tools macro. Draw a circle with a z-base and z-height set to the floor to floor height to use as the path. Draw a polygon in the shape of your stringer. Under Sweep's settings set it to sweep Base/Ht and then sweep your polygon around the circle or arc if you prefer.
#67092 by dmartens
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:17 am
Thanks Paul. Unfortunately I don't have the macro. Haven't seen it on the Datacad site for a while but somewhere in the cobwebs I remember it had something to do with the installer not working any more with the latest version of windoze. Sounds like it would make it quite easy. Thanks again.

Dan
#67093 by tigere
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 am
The Macro may still be available on the DCAD site in the download section ...if not I have a copy - it seems to work ok with 7 ...
FWIW
Roger P
Tigere