Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67164 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 am
Here's a strange. I'm on 15.04.02.01 and recently upgraded to W10 on my laptop. I usually work in DataCAD with an attached monitor. The resolution of the attached monitor is at 26" Hannspree 1920 x 1080 and the resolution of the laptop screen is a HP 17" 1920 x 1200. I put the work screen on the larger view, but lower resolution Hannspree, and have the menus below on the laptop.
Since the upgrade to W10, I can't move the menus to the right edge of the laptop screen, but they can be positioned anywhere on the Hannspree. If I move them more than about 3/4 of the way to the right, they snap back to a maximum of about 1/4 of the screen from the edge. The layer, symbol, attention, message, coordinates menus will go anywhere, but the projection pad, DataCAD menu, and projection pad exhibit this limited location ability.

Time for an upgrade? or is there a simple solution. I like to maximize the space on the laptop and push menus to the edges, but can't with this problem.
#67166 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:24 am
Have you tried restoring down the Datacad window so it's floating, then snap the menus where you want them and then maximize Datacad where you want it. I'm pretty sure nothing has changed that should stop you from getting what you want, might just have to play with it a bit more I would guess.