Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#5320 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:12 pm
Hi all.

Here is a goofy glitch we found today... One of the guys in the office was wanting to rotate a partial plan with some hatch on it (for better orientation on the sheet), but when he did, the hatch went all funky. It seems that it has something to do with whether the "Locked" in the hatch menu is turned on when hatching the polyline ... and maybe something to do with stuff being copy/pasted into the file, since I couldn't duplicate it in a new file.

The original hatch/polyline (with "Outline" turned on) looks like this...

After rotating the polyline/hatch, it looks like this...

#5322 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:19 pm
Uh, are the pics supposed to be black?
(edit: Looks like you were posting png files. Does the forum support them?"
#5323 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:40 pm
Hi Josh,

I only post PNG's... :P

My guess is that Steve uses a black background -- which is hard for me to get used to!

I'm headed home now; otherwise I'd try to reproduce the hatch issue. :roll:
#5327 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:07 pm
Hi Josh & Neil.

joshhuggins wrote:Uh, are the pics supposed to be black?
(edit: Looks like you were posting png files. Does the forum support them?"

The pics are white lines and hatch on a black background. Are you seeing just big black squares? Hmm. Looks correct on my end. I'll check on my home machine later this evening, too.

I've posted .pngs before ... seemed to work then.

Yeah, I use a black background. White works fine in any other program I use, but just don't like it for CAD.
#5329 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:23 pm
Yeah, just black here. Hmmm interesting.
#5330 by Paul Nida
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:41 pm
I can see your pictures Steve. But when I tried to repeat your drawing, I did not get the same results. The patterns rotated fine whether locked or not.
#5331 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:42 pm
I'm I the only one using IE out of us who posted? :D
#5333 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:37 pm
Hi Josh.

I'm still at the office, but took a look at the pics using IE ... yup, black. Ha! It figures!

<--- See picture (avatar) ... Nah-Na-Nah-Na-Naahh-Naahh!!! That's what you get for using IE ... HeeHee!

My default browser has been Firefox for a while now. It even looks right in old Netscape 4.7.
#5334 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:43 pm
Interesting. I see all of Neil's pics. I wonder if it's a bit depth support issue with IE.
#5336 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:51 pm
Hi Paul.

Paul Nida wrote:...when I tried to repeat your drawing, I did not get the same results. The patterns rotated fine whether locked or not.

There must be something corrupt about the file. I opened a new file, did a couple of quick polylines with the same hatch, one with it locked, one not, and it also worked fine. Then I copy/pasted those to the file I used to do the screen shots above, and got the goofy results.
#5338 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:57 pm
Hi Josh.

joshhuggins wrote:Interesting. I see all of Neil's pics. I wonder if it's a bit depth support issue with IE.

I used PhotoDeluxe to crop the pics, then saved to .png.

Just for kicks, let me open, then resave the pics with IrfanView, then I will upload the new versions to see if that makes any kind of difference.

Give me a sec......... tick ... tock ... tick ... tock
Last edited by Steve Baldwin on Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#5339 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:11 pm
...Looks like it works now, at least on my IE.

Does yours work, now?

Guess I better make a note not to post .png files straight from PhotoDeluxe. I can't use .gifs straight from that progam either, for my web site, until I first turn off any unintended transparancy with my web site software. It's an older version (1.0). I installed a newer version a while back, didn't like it, so went back to the old one. Maybe someday, I'll get some better photo software :)
#5348 by MtnArch
Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:32 am
Just as an aside, ...

If anyone else is using ZoneAlarm, make sure that you have the Privacy/Ad Blocking (Custom)/ Ad Blocking / Ads to Block ... unchecked. Otherwise you won't see Steve's cute Avatar!!

:lol:
#5364 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:56 am
Hello Steve,

I could see all the time your images. I do use only PNG format files too.

And the problem that you've found, I couldn't reproduce it here.

Any other tip ?

Thanks,
Miguel