Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67590 by rlmorton
Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm
Why when in tangent mode and I enter a distance it sends me off in a totally different direction than I had drawn the line? Do not have this problem when it is not in the tangent mode- driving me crazy
#67591 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:27 am
You need to make sure that you have already rotated your cursor to match what you are trying to do in Tangents. Unfortunately DC doesn't change the cursor rotation to match tangents. Make sure you request it as a WishList for the next beta/and/or release candidate!
#67592 by rlmorton
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:53 am
MtnArch wrote:You need to make sure that you have already rotated your cursor to match what you are trying to do in Tangents. Unfortunately DC doesn't change the cursor rotation to match tangents. Make sure you request it as a WishList for the next beta/and/or release candidate!

I am still confused- have been using tangents and directions forever and never ran into this problem - when you are in tangent mode the cursor automatically points in the new tangent direction.
#67593 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 pm
You might check the start angle in your grid settings.
#67595 by rlmorton
Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 pm
I tried that - no luck - the off set angle is not consistent - meaning if I change the tangent it also changes the offset - I can't seem to find anything that is consistent or logical with this problem - only thing I can think of is that it is related to the dwg file that was imported.
#67596 by Mark Bell
Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:36 pm
Hi Rlmorton,

We've had this on and off since v5 believe it or not. It's a hard one to pin down and the importing of DWG files is a likely candidate for the crosshair not going where you direct it to. If you turn off ortho and look at the coordinate readout you can generally get the crosshair to go in the right direction by entering the +/- X and Y values (most of us here use Rel. Cart.). Changing the grid angle settings has no effect. In most instances purging the file will correct this.
#67598 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:10 am
I use Direction / Distance, and when I use Tangents to tilt the cursor, I like to toggle on Show X and Y in the Grids menu. This puts an X and Y next to the cursor. You can also use Show Zero, if you prefer.

This makes it clear what direction is what when the cursor is tilted.