Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67827 by Bob Urbanek
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 pm
My computer crashed earlier this year, so I had to build a new one. I downloaded Dcad 15 from the web site. Ever since then, I have been experiencing several problems, the worst being that sometimes I snap 1/32" away from what I want. Also, I dimensioned some windows, and one dimension was 1/32" off, even though the overall dimension was correct. Anyone know what is going on?
#67828 by dmartens
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:51 pm
There have been problem with snapping for a long time now. A search of the forum will provide many threads. It seems better but sometimes especially when I edit a hatch it is terrible. Make sure nearest is off. I never use it but have had it turn on and not even realize it.
Dan
#67830 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:26 pm
A work around is to zoom in closer to what you're trying to snap to. I'm guessing it has to do with the aperture size and when the last redraw/redisplay occured - but I'm not a programmer and am just guessing at it.
#67831 by Bob Urbanek
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm
Thanks for the replies. The one that bothers me the most is the dimension string problem. For example, if I have a wall of a known length, with some windows in it, the dimensions don't match. When I snap to the centers of the windows, one of the dimensions in the string will be 1/32" more than it really is, but when I'm done with the string line and hit overall, that dimension is correct. So I dimension it in one operation, and get different results on each line. I could understand it, if one segment was 1/32" over, and another, 1/32" under. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be irritating. Usually, I just erase the incorrect measurement, and type in the correct one.
#67832 by Roger D
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:26 pm
I've had similar issues and had to temporarily change to fraction of 1/256 to see which one(s) are off by a little bit and causing the rounding issue.
#67833 by Paul Nida
Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:25 pm
That is annoying, when I get dimensions like that I try stretching it 1/64 inch in the proper direction.