Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67842 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:47 pm
I am currently running DataCAD 15.04.02.01 (ok, I know I've bought the latest version and hope to install it very soon), but I've upgraded my laptop several times from the original Vista (bleah) to Windows 8 Professional (x64) (build 9200). I frequently have used "go to views" to quickly sort layers for various reasons, but in the last week or so the file that I'm in ALWAYS crashes when I try to create a go-to view. If there are several .aec files open, only the active one goes away. DataCAD does not crash completely.

Will this problem go away when I install my new version of DataCAD? If not, What is the temporary cure now (if there is one?) I want the go-to view function again.
#67843 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:16 pm
Have you tried to purge the file? Does the file crash when trying to load any GTVs?
#67844 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:49 pm
I tried a purge with a file and saved as filename-2, opened it and tried to make a new goto view. It crashed again with internal diagnostics fault 11, error from 808.
#67966 by Bergmans
Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:11 am
I use DataCAD15 15.04.02.01 (PE) in Windows 10 on two monitors (screen in one - menus in other) and have problem with hot key usage.
Pressing "L" - go in layers menu and then presing "F1" or "F2" or "F3" or "F4" ... - as result file are quit (closed) without saving ...
After several similar attempts DataCAD crashed with "Data CAD (internal diagnostics) fault 10 Error from: 808

Someone can help with this?!?

:shock:
#67967 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:54 am
I don't know about your problem, Bergmans, but my problem when using the "go to view" windows appears to have been resolved by updating to v18. That may solve your problem also. If not, try posting your problem in a new topic instead of under my problem. You might get more attention.

I am also on Windows 10 and using 2 monitors, so the problems may be associated and the upgrade may be a solution.
#68676 by Richard Mauser
Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:56 pm
Did this ever get resolved?
I just started having this problem with ver14, and it it affecting all files. Only the one I try to make a GoToView crashes, not other open files, but this happens when I try it in any file, to the file I'm using.

Update: I have ver17 on the same computer, and the preference for drawing file location is under DataCAd14's, so I was able to open the files up, make and save GoToViews in ver17. Then I went back to ver14, and went to open a file and now the files won't even open - they crash upon opening. The plot sickens.
I guess I'll punt on ver14 and start using 17 now ("well its about time... yeah, yeah") but it would be really good to know WHY this is happening.
And that doesn't really help you out.
--
Richard
#68688 by MtnArch
Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:54 am
I think the issue has to do with Win 10 and what MS changed that has caused so much havoc with DC. I know that DC LLC have updated V18 (obviously!), V17 and V16 (not sure about V15, but almost certain it did NOT include V14) to address this problem. How many other software program do you know that update OUTDATED software for their users? Not many, if any, beyond DC LLC!!

Glad you've moved up to V17, Richard - but take the plunge and upgrade to V8! The amount of stuff Mark and Dave have included (so far!) and may include (so we've heard) will astound you! They are definitely moving to snag new users who are disenfranchised with the 8,000# gorilla of Acad!

Stay tuned!
#68690 by Richard Mauser
Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:55 am
Thanks for your replies. The odd thing is that Dcad14 has worked fine for ... 6 or more months of running under windows 10. Unless there was some sort of MS stealth update that happened in the last day or so, I can't see how windows 10 could muck things up. And my copy of PaintshopPro9 actually runs better under windows10 than it did under w7. Go figure. Regardless, it got me to updating. My regret is that I may not be able to use 14 on my laptop.